Welcome to Mark Berger TrainingWe appreciate that your time is valuable, so here is a quick guide to navigating your way around:
- Check out our services, by clicking on one of the 4 "services offered" blocks on the sidebar to your right.
- Subscribe to our newsletter in the box just below the services offered blocks on sidebar.
- Read Mark's articles by clicking the Articles tab on the top menu or checking the box below.
- To see a video of Mark in action, scroll down the sidebar and click the "play" arrow in centre of the the box titled See Mark in Action.
- If you want to read more about our company, scroll down this page.
Mark's Featured Articles
Happiness is an Inside Job
During the past 16 years I have asked thousands of my delegates “What do you really want? What are your goals and dreams?” Their initial answers include a variety of “things” such as money, possessions, love, recognition, respect, success, health, wealth, happiness, travel, fame & fortune etc.
Are you fighting a Price War or winning the Strategic Sales Battle?
Is it just me or did this year simply fly by, like an illegal taxi at a roadblock?
And what an exceptional year it has been. We have been blissfully busy working with two types of organisations: Those fighting the Price Wars and those who are winning the Strategic Battles.
Here is a Simple Tool to Measure your current level of Personal Evolution
As the solstice of December 2012 rushes relentlessly towards us, major shift is happening on our planet. Fear and uncertainty is increasing and I have been noticing distinct energetic differences in the people I am working with. Their outlook and attitudes are vastly different. Their levels of growth are remarkably disparate.
Are you postponing your success?
How successful are you right now? Where do you place yourself on a scale from 1 to 10? And wherever you put yourself, are you happy with your score? If not, what would you need to do in order to really succeed?
Struggling to meet Sales Targets?
Exceptional Times call for Exceptional Ideas.
In many industries right now, making sales is very tough, in some cases almost impossible. Salespeople are frustrated and demotivated, sandwiched between the pressure of meeting targets and their customers’ reluctance to buy. Traditional sales techniques are not getting the required results.
Key Company Facts
Mark Berger Training is a national training organisation based in Cape Town. Our company was established in 1996. Since then we have trained and motivated thousands of employees for over 200 customers throughout South Africa.
Give value upfront. Partner with potential customer and get to really understand their business. Assess their current challenges, opportunities and requirements. Source and implement effective training solutions, from within our organisation or beyond. Supply practical follow-up processes to ensure Sustained Behavioural Change. Continue to give exceptional value and grow the client relationship.
Our mission is Achieving Sustainable Change. We know how difficult it is to get people to change their behaviour. Therefore, our training interventions are implemented as a process, rather than just another training event. Our 3 Stage Methodology is as follows:
- We get extensive onsite briefings from our clients to ensure that we align our interventions to their culture, requirements and strategic objectives.
- Prior to the intervention, we interview key management and other stakeholders to gain a deeper understanding of the individual and team dynamics.
- We conduct a “walkabout” or “field trip” to get a feel for the work environment and company culture.
- During this process, all the required outcomes are clearly defined.
- If necessary, the training content is customised to meet specific needs.
- We conduct the training phase.
- All training is practical, interactive and participative.
- We keep the theory to a minimum and rather focus on practicing the new skills to effect immediate behavioural change.
- Delegates prepare an action plan for implementation during Stage 3.
- We facilitate short, focused onsite follow-up sessions to maintain momentum and further improve skill levels.
- If necessary, we conduct onsite coaching and assist with the implementation of the action plans designed during phase 2.
- We provide tools which hold delegates accountable for delivering the changes and sustaining the momentum.
- In this way we ensure that our clients achieve measurable, sustainable improvements in people, productivity and profitability.
Mark Berger attended his first Personal Development Seminar at age 12 (Mind Dynamics and Biofeedback). His passion for self development continues to this day. Read more...
Prior to entering the training field, Mark founded, built up and sold 3 diverse manufacturing and sales operations, between 1985 and 1995. During this period he gained extensive experience in Manufacturing, Sales, Management and Productivity improvement. Read more...
In 1996 he co-founded the Human Resources Network with his father Sedley Berger. This was the beginning of his passion for Unlocking Human Potential. In 2000 he founded Mark Berger Training. Mark Berger is an innovative entrepreneur, who seamlessly marries HR development methodology with the tough reality of business survival. He reads extensively and regularly travels overseas to acquire the latest international training technologies. Mark combines these with his practical business experience, dynamic people skills, keen sense of humour and professional approach to ensure that his training achieves lasting results. Mark’s approach to business is direct, practical and relevant. He is not an academic, espousing complicated theories. He also steers away from the “RAH RAH” type of happy clappy motivation. Mark’s powerful presentations deal directly with the current productivity challenges faced by individuals, teams and organisations. He provides real tools and proven strategies to overcome these effectively. In addition, Mark builds immediate rapport with his audiences through empathic interaction and quick humour. Mark’s passion, professionalism and powerful visual presentation completes the package. All his work is backed by a 100% guarantee of satisfaction.